Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Outserve with Passion

Too much coffee during the day today, no matter how I tried to close my eyes and sleep, I just couldn't. Since I am so wide awake, I might as well write a post for my blog.

Today, I attended a 2-day training for 'Outserve with Passion' at Orchid Garden Hotel. This is one of the bank's initiatives to drive all the staff to - Service Excellence. 'Outserve' our clients, simply means, to go the extra-mile for our customers. As a Relationship Manager and a front-liner, this is indeed a valuable lesson not to be missed.

I am so glad to be selected as one of the 30 staff to attend this class, the theme for 'Outserve' is ALOHA - it is simply defined as: -

A - Attend to customer
L - Listen to customer's needs
O - Offering solution
H - Handling recovery
A - Appreciate. Close with passion

We were made to wear straw-skirts throughout the class and there were games and activities which stimulated our minds and get us thinking out of the box. We got out of our working environment, in a comfort zone where everyone is dressed-down and relaxed for the whole day for this course.

Despite the course being exciting and fun, I am still quite stressed out - partly due to the up-coming ChFC exam for Module 08, which we were told to create a presentation by using the 9 topics that have been discussed, our exam is just few days away, I need to get the whole presentation up and running at least by this weekend, exam date is 13th & 14th August. And another matter which pressuring me is the lack of time for my SOP completion this month, when I return to office on Friday, I have exactly another 14 working days to make it possible. I am quite worried, I won't be able to achieve this month. So much work, so little time... 1 day 24 hours seems never enough for me...

Whatever and however it goes, I shall strive my best and fight till the end!

No comments: