Friday, July 27, 2007

Friendship

It is raining again outside. I've lost count of the number of days Brunei has been raining... This kind of groomy weather often makes me reminisce the good 'ol days - when friendship was the biggest part of my life.

Suddenly, I think of 2 close friends of mine. They are both my long time friends of more than 10 years. We have a lot of good and bad times together in the past - we laughed, we cried together, even for the tiniest things in life. Sharing so much wonderful moments together and listened to each other's happiness and sadness. But today, everything has changed...

I do not know the reason why we drifted apart and I couldn't find a satisfied answer to this situation, deep in my heart I always wonder if they will miss or even think about me just for 1 second? I tried to call them to set up gathering, but once, twice... numerous times they rejected me, are they really so busy with they own life, or there is something along the way of our friendship went wrong without I realising? Or to the 2 of them, we have never been close friends before? Those were only my fantasies alone? What went wrong? I keep asking myself...

All of us have our own life to live, we all have to juggle between work and family, it is indeed difficult; but, I never agree this is a reason / excuse to seclude any friendships. I have been trying, to mend every broken piece of our friendships with the 2 of them, but till today, I still see no clue. Hubby advised me that - Why should I priorities them, if I am just their options? But I argued with hubby that - in a friendship, we shouldn't look at who's wrong or right, we should be honest to our own feelings towards the other party; until this very moment, the 2 of them still stand a special part in my life, I still geniunely care for their wellbeings. As long they're living a happy & contented life - with / without me, it doesn't matter, if they are OK to live on without me, I shall wish them all the best and I sincerely hope happiness will bestow them and those they loved. As for me, I will continue to live my life, reminiscing those good times they once brought to my life and I am thankful to God that, He has once allowed these 2 wonderful ladies shared part of my life.

May the love and light of God shine upon the 2 of you... wherever you are....

2 comments:

mei said...

Life is not perfect for everyone, and all i want to say is, you got your hubby and parent who will never reject you and always listen to you whenever you want. That is already beautiful and enough for life.

YenVui said...

Thank you dear, but I am glad, I know I can always count on a good friend like yourself... :)